Thursday, June 4, 2009

More From Today's Accidental Nostalgia

I never got back to talking about Vince Taylor on today's show. This sort of left a big gaping hole in the legend of Ziggy Stardust. Below is a link to most of the Vince Taylor story as it relates to Ziggy Stardust from davidbowie.com.

One story I've heard that isn't mentioned there is about a concert in France sometime in the early seventies. Vince Taylor fired his band just before the show, and went on stage alone in a white robe. He claimed he was Jesus and spent two hours reading from the Bible. One part of the story I've never heard told and would like to know is how much of the audience was still in attendance at the end of the Bible lesson.

Here's the link: Vince Taylor

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Funny how Vince Taylor is suddenly cropping up in blogs all over. I recently heard the interview where David Bowie described the Vince as God appearance. It is on an album I just found called "Divine Symmetry".
I met Vince many years ago at The 2 I's in Soho in London. A friend of mine claimed him as a cousin, but he claimed many others so one couldn't be sure. But Vince was a real nice guy. Good memories. And I love his music.