Sunday, March 10, 2013

Book Review - The Night Horses by Anaka Jones

A cute picture book that you'll keep being asked to read

This book has developed quite a following on it's Facebook page. I found it after reading it as Philly Book Pick. The book kept my daughter up looking at the pictures and playing along. It's a simple story that kids think is so funny and they want it read again and again, and improvise playing along with the horses.

What I found most interesting is that the book was written by a 12 year old girl who lives on a farm in Michigan. Until I found that out after I read the book I was curious as to the very playful nature. It's hard for the best children's writers to create something that connects with kids, but for a talented young person, or at least for Anaka Jones, she is able to get young kids playing like horses, or kids playing like horses playing like people.  Well . . . just get the book, you'll see.

Facebook Link: The Night Horses

Amazon Link: The Night Horses

No comments: